On May 19, 2012, Whole Foods Market Chelsea hosted an all-store cooking competition smackdown using our breads. Each department worked as a team to prepare a dish in-store that featured a Hot Bread Kitchen bread.
Some of the delicious concoctions that each department made, include:
- Customer Service: bread pudding with Whole Wheat Challah
- Seafood: lemon and cilantro cod sandwich with horseradish and cheese on The New Yorker Rye
- Grocery: Italian style hero on Ciabatta
- Meat: Bosari grilled chicken with rye & dill stuffing featuring Grindstone Rye
- Specialty: paneer tikka masala sopped up with Nan-e-Barbari
- Produce: tortilla chips and fresh guacamole featuring the Heritage Corn Tortillas
- Prepared Foods: grilled cheese with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe pesto on Upstate Multigrain
- Bakery: vanilla and cinnamon custard French Toast with Traditional Challah
After a day of cooking and collecting votes, the Customer Service department was voted the most delicious with their bread pudding with Whole Wheat Challah. We would like to thank Whole Foods Market Chelsea for hosting this smackdown and their team members for inventing these innovative recipes using our products.