HBKi: Cultivate in partnership with Santander Bank
Hot Bread Kitchen has partnered with Santander Bank to provide resources, capital, and mentorship to early-stage entrepreneurs in the food-industry in the New York City area. This exciting and innovative program is fully funded by Santander and is free for participating entrepreneurs.
The program provides:
- Live virtual classes taught by Babson College MBA professors
- A curriculum built for food business owners
- Connections to mentors in the food industry
- A network of fellow food entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to win capital grants ranging from $2,500 to $13,000
|Women or gender-expansive, immigrant, or BIPOC-owned food entrepreneurs in the NYC area in operation for at least one year (see additional eligibility below)
|12 weeks, 3pm—5pm EST Tuesdays and Thursdays
|March 28, 2024, to June 13, 2024
Ready to take the next step?
The Spring 2024 program is now closed. Applications to the Santander Cultivate Program will resume November 2024!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone apply?
We are looking for food businesses that:
- Are owned by women or gender-expansive people, immigrants, or BIPOC entrepreneurs
- Food-related industries, including processing, technology manufacturing, and food services.
- Have been in operation for at least one year (as of January 1, 2024)
- Have revenue between $25,000 and $1,000,000 in the last calendar year
- Are located in the New York City area (including surrounding counties)
- Between 1 and 10 full-time equivalent employees
Is there any cost for the program?
No, this program is free, fully funded by Santander Bank! All of Hot Bread Kitchen’s programs are free to participate.
How are the capital grants awarded?
All participants who successfully complete the program (attend classes, present a business pitch and submit a final action plan) are eligible for a grant of $2,500.
Nine exemplary graduates will be awarded grants of up to $13,000.
How can I get more information?
Join an online info session on insert info session date and time. Sign up here for an information session.
If you have any questions about the program not answered here, please contact email@example.com
I’m not ready for this program, can I join another program?
Yes! Hot Bread Kitchen’s SEED Program may be a good fit for you. Learn more about Hot Bread Kitchen’s small business programs here.