The Global Bread Box
Hot Bread Kitchen’s Global Bread Box is filled with a seasonal selection of multi-ethnic breads from four distinct culinary traditions, inspired by the diverse team of women who bake them. The Global Bread Box allows you to bring flavors from around the world to your holiday table while supporting Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission to create professional opportunities for immigrant women.
Price: $70.00 USD
Each box is accompanied by recipe suggestions to make the most of our products and information about Hot Bread Kitchen’s social mission. Our St. Patrick’s Day Global Bread Box (available through 3/19/14) arrives filled with a tasty combination of international sweet and savory breads.
- Irish Soda Bread (2 pieces) – Made in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, this soft, cake-like bread is perfect with a dab of butter or served alongside a warm stew. This season we’ve baked up sweet (chockfull of currants) and savory (made with generous dash of caraway seeds) versions for every sensibility.
- Nan-E Qandi (4 pieces)— Qandi is a slightly sweet and creamy Persian bread made with milk and honey. Ideal for breakfasts orafternoon tea. Our staff loves to serve this bread warmed, with a dollop of butter, nutella, or soft cheese.
- Moroccan M’smen (4 pieces) – An irresistibly buttery, flaky flatbread made with semolina, M’smen is one of Hot Bread Kitchen’s most popular breads. Traditionally eaten warm, this bread is delicious alone, drizzled with honey, or wrapped up to create a savory sandwich.
- Grindstone Rye (1 loaf) — This rye riffs on the tradition German Volkenbrot with a dense crumb and slightly tangy flavor. The Grindstone is a hearty and healthy option, ready to be served with nutty cheeses and warm winter soups.
- Each purchase of a Global Bread Box supports Hot Bread Kitchen’s culinary training and business development programs for immigrant women and minority entrepreneurs.
PLEASE NOTE: All orders received by 12pm EST will be processed and shipped within 2 business days. We ship all orders overnight, ensuring that your breads arrive within 24 hours of leaving the oven. All breads freeze well.