- Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan applications open: 12% percent of NYC businesses approved to receive PPP loans (“The Failures of the PPP in NYC”).
- Unemployment rate in NYC reaches 20% (“NYS Economy Added 296,400 Private Sector Jobs in June 2020”).
- 2.9 million people applied for unemployment in New York since March (Initial Claims Data).
Hot Bread Kitchen:
- Launched emergency meals campaign to achieve dual goals of funding small businesses and providing meals to hospital workers.
- Offered rent-free kitchen space to 5 small businesses providing over 25,000 emergency meals.
- Launched public hotline for all food workers, in addition to our alumnae, to provide assistance with applying for unemployment and public benefits.
- Continued support for members, including emergency stipends, PPP loan applications, unemployment applications, and other referrals.