Leave the trail to us.
Our alumni know their way around a kitchen and have the professional skills to be an asset to any employer. The women who finish our training know how to show up on time, learn quickly and work hard. And they stay in their jobs—our retention rate is twice the national average within the food industry.
Hot Bread Kitchen’s approach to job placement is highly customized. We work closely with potential employment partners to understand their hiring needs while also supporting our alumni career aspirations. Our support doesn’t end with job placement; Hot Bread Kitchen is a partner for the long-run, available to provide support and advice to alumni and ensure they are on a career path where their skills and professional goals match their employers’ needs.
If you are looking for skilled, motivated and diverse talent, let’s work together.
- 280Women placed in jobs
- 72%of partners rate candidates as excellent or above average
- 50+Employer Partners across NYC
- Support the alumni’s growth and long-term success
- Commit to cross-training the graduate in a variety of processes and skills
- Complete a 5-minute monthly check-in with alumni to provide feedback and guidance
- Communicate about any issues or concerns with Hot Bread Kitchen staff
- Attract qualified kitchen and production staff
- Have a consistent pipeline of talent from a diverse pool of candidates across New York City
- Fill open positions faster
- Reduce cost of recruiting, hiring and training
- Reduce turnover
- Increase productivity
Training curriculum Includes
- Food Safety & Sanitation
- Ingredient ID
- Equipment ID, Use & Safety
- Scaling & Portioning
- Knife Skills
- Basic Cooking Techniques
- Recipe Execution
- Baking and Pastry Techniques
- Units of Measurement
- Personal Hygiene
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective communication
- Kitchen culture